01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Mounting Indoor/Outdoor Speed dome 5m/16ft high - Pole Mast?

zane

Hi

I need to mount my Hikvision Speed Dome DS-2DE5425IW-AE outside at a maximum height of 5meters / 16ft - there are no buildings/support structures close by.

I'm using Hikvision CPE WiFi bridge for sending data back to main building/NVR.

What would be the best solution to do this?
A Telescopic pole Mast or Tripod with guy cables?
Do I use Aluminium or Steel?

Thanks
Zane

Hi @zane

You definitely need a purpose-made CCTV camera column. These are built to be rigid and stable, which is vital when you are mounting a camera - especially if it has a zoom lens (otherwise you will experience camera wobble / shaky images).

There's an array of suitable columns to choose from, the two most popular CCTV camera column manufacturers in the UK are Altron and WEC:

Hi @zane

You definitely need a purpose-made CCTV camera column. These are built to be rigid and stable, which is vital when you are mounting a camera - especially if it has a zoom lens (otherwise you will experience camera wobble / shaky images).

There's an array of suitable columns to choose from, the two most popular CCTV camera column manufacturers in the UK are Altron and WEC:

Thanks Phill

I forgot to mention a key point - It needs to be a mobile Tripod/Mast solution - Camera goes up at 8am in the morning and is removed at 6pm, each day.
So I'd like to remove and pack everything up (incl. Camera+CPE+Tripod/Masts/Poles) and re-assemble the lot again each time.

Back