01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

My Hikvision cameras keep reverting to a low bitrate

NEITTech

One of my cameras keeps reverting to 32 Kbps bitrate, which obviously results in a blocky image.

I know that there are 3 ways to configure cameras; on the NVR (and it's webpage), on the camera's webpage and on IVMS. The cameras were initially set up through the NVR, and then the settings have been tweaked through IVMS. For some reason though, even though none of the above have the bitrate set to 32 Kbps, it keeps reverting back.

Is there a way to see why the change is happening? I can't see anything in the diagnostic log. Is there a list of priority for the above methods? I have noticed in the past when switching to 1080p from 4k via IVMS, it kept reverting back and needed to be done on the NVR.

Thanks.

Sorry for not responding sooner, are you still seeing this?
Are you using home-made cables to your cameras?
That would be my first guess for this 'odd' symptom.

Hi Phil. As of last week, the issue appears to have been fixed. I had an electrical firm check the cable run to the camera. All came back fine with no faults, but ever since they reconnected the cable back in to the camera (in the external junction box) it has been fine. I'm guessing it was a loose connection.

Great that it's resolved :)
Thanks for the update.
I have seen problems with cables cause these sort of issues.

Back