01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Nearly there! Can someone check these schedules are correct?

gwebstech

Hi guys

I finally figured out how to set my schedules on the ivms 4200.

Can someone see if these look right? Images attached. The local recording one is all in purple as I've seen others say to do

The capture settings are in blue, no option to put them in purple, the local recording section is in purple

Do I need to alter anything? as it seems im still not able to view recordings

thanks for any help

Attachments

• 16740413386784353521569596539156.jpg
    16740413386784353521569596539156.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 120
  • 1674041387135854278018208784293.jpg
    1674041387135854278018208784293.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 111
  • 16740414543838514246128444043008.jpg
    16740414543838514246128444043008.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 112
Hi @gwebstech

Could I get you to copy and paste this post as a reply to your original thread below, please?

It just avoids people responding to the original post about iVMS-4200 not working properly who haven't realised you've solved that issue yourself already.
And, keeping posts about the same issue in one thread is easier for everyone to follow :)

Thanks :) you should have an edit and delete button at the bottom of each of your posts.

We wouldn't normally recommend using the purple recording schedule, which is event-based recording.

This means that the camera will only record when movement is detected and you have one of the events set up.

It just means there's a good chance important periods will not be recorded, as you're totally reliant on the events working properly, which they sometimes don't.

So, you're best using continuous recording (blue), and then using the events to quickly search through the footage for the bits that are of interest.

There's a bit more info on recording schedules here:

Hi guys

I had everything working ok, i tried to do what Kyle told me and royally cocked something up :rolleyes: so now ive had to do a complete re install and now it wont record videos again

Ive checked through the settings and im not sure what it could be, the network status is hsowing as connected, ive re initialised the SD card again

The IVMS system is showing plenty of free space on the card, ill attach 2 images for the schedule and motion detection - ive set both schedules to run as im trying to cover all angles to see why its not recording

under system>> camera there is no camera showing, is that what it could be?

thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 18.26.12.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 18.26.12.png
    254.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 18.25.44.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 18.25.44.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 97
Could you share screenshots of the System>Camera page, the recording schedule (the first screenshot in your first above), and the storage management pages, please?

Just to check, have you also initialised the hard drive in your NVR in the storage menu?

Could you share screenshots of the System>Camera page, the recording schedule (the first screenshot in your first above), and the storage management pages, please?

Just to check, have you also initialised the hard drive in your NVR in the storage menu?
Hi Kyle

I got it working again, not 100% sure how - i deleted and readded the schedules, cant remember what other bits, i had already initialised the card

I am getting a LOT (100 today) of notifications though, i only, live on a cul de sac not a main road or anything ive only got the app set to human and vehicle, sensitivity as low as it goes. Theyre all motion detection alarms so i cant really complain can i? ive not set any lines or face detection

When i deleted the purple schedule as you said, the whole thing stopped working?

Did you set the schedule to all blue once you cleared the purple schedule?
There will be an "arming schedule" for motion detection which will always need to be set to "all day" too, so that might have been the problem, but well done for getting it working again.

Looking at the screenshot for your motion detection settings in post #6, it doesn't look like your camera has the human or vehicle-only detection options, which is why you are probably getting so many false notifications.

Your motion detection zone (the blue grid) is also covering the whole scene, so I would first try changing this to only cover your drive, as it will be triggering every time some movement of any kind is detected on the path or road behind with the way it's currently set.

If that doesn't help, try using intrusion detection instead, which is normally more precise.

Thanks for the reply Kyle, i have the human/vehicle settings on my phone app, i cant see naywhere on the ivms to set that?

The blue box is the correct area as i hope to try and capture number plates whenever possible - i know this camera isnt ideal but its way better than my previous one

ill turn both schedules to blue again and see how it goes - can i just check, i do need both local recordings and capture settings checked? see image

thank you for the help

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 18.21.43.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 18.21.43.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 88
Hi guys

Ive woken up today to find out that my system isnt recording AGAIN. Ive deleted and readded the schedules, ive rebooted the system but still device status in IVMS says no recording. Why are these systems so complicated or troublesome??

Its all showing as being online, so i wonder if its because im using an SD card instead of an NVR? it was all working fine up until today and i havent touched a single thing on the system, the SD card still has loads of space

Im just ready to take it all out to save the hassle

If anyone can help that would be great

thanks

PS ive noticed that Sunday isnt showing on my schedules, only the other 6 days a week? that might be why im ont getting any recordings today?

Back