01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No Virtual Host setting to choose from.

James Swann

Good evening,

I have just purchased a new NVR and mini bullet camera.
- DS-7604NI-K1-4P
- DS-2CD2042WS-I 4MM

I'm aware of the virtual host option as the best way to access the camera directly for the extra settings however to my dismay, I am left with nothing to select from and there is no sign of the virtual host function.

Has this been removed from the firmware?
Any advice would be great. I'm just about the purchase a POE injector to allow the camera to plug into my router so hopefully that will work but would I loose any settings when I plug it back into the NVR?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 23.59.15.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 00.02.12.png

To my understanding, the DS-7604NI-K1-4P and indeed other members of the -K series of NVRs do not support Virtual Host on any of their firmware versions currently.

I'm not certain as to why this is - both the E and I series NVRs support the feature.

On the plus side, the NVR shouldn't change any of the settings on the camera that are currently inaccessible (shutter speed etc) that you'd need virtual host for. Other, more basic settings (such as framerate etc.) should be configured on the NVR directly, as the NVRs settings are pushed to the camera and take priority.

We do now have firmware versions that enable the Virtual Host feature for the HikVision DS-7604NI-K1 and DS-7608NI-K2.
If you're a customer of ours please contact us for this firmware.

We do now have firmware versions that enable the Virtual Host feature for the HikVision DS-7604NI-K1 and DS-7608NI-K2.
If you're a customer of ours please contact us for this firmware.
Really? That's amazing and would be very useful. What version is the firmware? I don't think I'm an actual customer of yours unfortunately. What company are you?

I have sent the firmware file to you.
"What company are you?" - the clue is in my gravatar; I'm the MD of use-IP Ltd; this is our Forum ;)

I have sent the firmware file to you.
"What company are you?" - the clue is in my gravatar; I'm the MD of use-IP Ltd; this is our Forum ;)

Hi Phil, thank you for hosting such an invaluable resource as this forum. Without guys like you I would never get some of the tech in my house working!
That being said I was dismayed to get my new nvr and cameras fired up today only to find no virtual host facility. This was one of the reasons I chose this setup, how frustrating! I just need acces to fine tune the picture settings.
Would it be possible to share with me your modified firmware for the DS-7604NI-K1/4P?

Many thanks in advance
Chris

Hi allways a great help on here.I have the HikVision DS-7604NI-K1 and have spent a couple of hrs looking for updated firmare so i can use vrtual host but not having any luck. Could you point me in the right direction to it as hik site isant easy to look though and dont want to brick the nvr . My firmware at the mo is v3.4.90 build 160926. many thx steven

Hi allways a great help on here.I have the HikVision DS-7604NI-K1 and have spent a couple of hrs looking for updated firmare so i can use vrtual host but not having any luck. Could you point me in the right direction to it as hik site isant easy to look though and dont want to brick the nvr . My firmware at the mo is v3.4.90 build 160926. many thx steven

The latest firmware for your NVR model can be found here - DOWNLOAD PORTAL

I have a DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P with firmware version V3.4.82 build 160914 is it possible to update this, i noticed there are several higher versions on the DOWNLOAD PORTAL, are they all compatible?

Back