01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR recommendation for DS-2CD2387G2-L's

scottda

Morning all, got 5 colorvu DS-2CD2387G2-L turrets, was looking at the Hikvision 7608NI-K2 NVR but read some posts about it not being powerful enough for some of the AI. Should I go with the DS-7608NXI-I2 (dont need PoE as feeding the cams via existing PoE switch). Any thoughts? thanks

Hi @scottda

You are correct that the K-series NVR does not offer full support for all the AcuSense/ColorVu features.

The NXI AcuSense NVRs are an option, but they don't really offer many advantages if you are installing a new system of entirely AcuSense/ColorVu cameras as the main advantage of these NVR models is that they can apply the AcuSense features to a limited number of non-AcuSense cameras.

An issue you need to be aware of is bandwidth usage, we have found that the 8Mp AcuSense/ColorVu cameras can use as much as 20-25Mbps each when set to max. stream settings. 8-channel NVRs only support up to 80Mbps of incoming bandwidth so these NVRs will only support 3-4 x 8MP AcuSense/ColorVu cameras.

To support 5 cameras you would need to look at a 16-channel NVR like the DS-7616NI-I2/16P which supports 160Mbps incoming bandwidth.

Thanks for the super quick reply Dan, its very much appreciated. OK so looks like i will go with that recommendation on the NVR then and get the 12 channel with 5 cams and leverage the accusense via the cams themselves.
thanks again.

Hi Dan, sorry one more question....I heard the NXI have a much nicer and newer interface, is this correct. If so and I decided to go with the NXI instead of the NI, would the accusense on the camera override the NVR or would there be a compatibility issue at all?

As far as we are aware there is very little difference between the user interface of the NXI and NI models, I believe they both use the NVR 4.0 GUI for direct monitor access and they both run the same UI for browser access.

There shouldn't be any compatibility issue with running AcuSense cameras on either the I-series or AcuSense NVR, both handle AcuSense cameras the same way.

Back