01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Rain setting off intrusion detection ( help )

L Bishop

Hi,

I have a DS-2CD2386G2-IU- 2.8MM HIKVISION 8MP ACUSENSE DARKFIGHTER TURRET IP CAMERA.

Every time it rains, it’s setting off the intrusion detection.

Any ideas how I can overcome this issue?

Thanks

Hi @L Bishop

What do you have your sensitivity and threshold set at for intrusion detection?
Do you have minimum & maximum detection boxes drawn?
Can you share a screenshot of how you have intrusion detection currently set?

Many thanks for the replies, I will post a picture when I get back home. Thanks again

Hi,
5FF675DA-1BC4-41BD-916D-BB5991E74DBD.jpeg

Threshold is the amount of time something has to be in the scene before an alert is raised - so set at 0 - it's going to go off very quickly when it detects a lot of activity, so I might try moving your threshold over to 2 or 3 seconds. In reality if a human comes to loiter, they'll be on screen for at least 2 seconds - so that's probably where I'd be starting.

Rain is lots and lots of moving objects filling your screen in a short period of time, so it will be difficult to eliminate it completely. Check your camera shutter speed - if it's too slow, the rain drops become long lines, if you can speed it up and still get the same illumination at night that might reduce the issue. Most cameras I've connected recently have a default shutter speed of 1/25th of second. For all of my installations I'm able to get away with 1/100th of a second and maintain my exposure - faster shutter speed = shorter rain trails.

That’s fantastic, I will alter the settings and see how that goes.

Many thanks

I have changed the threshold to 2 seconds, how to you adjust the shutter speed ?

Screenshot 2021-10-31 172112.jpg

If you're logging in to your camera via a browser - it's under 'image' then 'exposure settings'. Not all NVR's have the option of adjusting shutter speeds - I can't do it on one of my old machines, but on more recent machines it's in a similar place, under 'camera' then 'display', then drop down the camera from the list and it's under 'exposure'. Cheaper non-brand and older cameras don't have the ability to adjust shutter speed.

Thanks, if I post a couple of pics could you possibly see if the settings are in a rough ball park

Back