01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Re : How to adjust lighting level sensor on a DS-2CD2742FWD-I dome camera

Ok Phil I am looking at the system maintenance page and clicked onto Log information page but I dont see any log view ?

Attachments

• Camera log page.jpg
    Camera log page.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 302
You need to set a date & time period, then click Search

Oh i get the same thing on ours

I thought it was to let you know an event/motion had started, maybe not

Yes I thought the same Mick but I turn the motion detection off on camera port 7 and still get the warning about every few minutes .
Ok Phil I will set the time up and see what the warning is .

Night vision is working fine on setting 2 .

Ok Phil I have checked the log for 15 minutes on camera 7 and all the alarm readings are from the motion detector . I did try turning it off on camera 7 but still got the alarm sign coming up on the screen maybe I have to do a reboot with the system to take effect .
Very strange ?

If you turn motion off for all camera's does it still come on??

Did a bit of googling/you tube and it seems to appear on a lot of sytems

Yes I turned it off on camera 7 port but that warning sign was still coming up . So not sure since off ? But it only comes up on port 7 and never on any other camera ports .

Have you disabled VMD on the camera AND the NVR for your camera 7?

NVR Event config screenshot:
(for cam D1 selected in dropdown at top)

HikVision NVR event 27-2-18.png

Very similar looking event page when logged directly into the camera:

camera event config page 27-2-18.png

Many Thanks Phil for the info I will give it a go but it seems to be ok at the moment with no flags . Why I am speaking to you can I use a Hikvision PTZ camera like a DS-2DF82231-AEL with my HIKVision DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A 8 .

Hi Brian,
Yes, you can use HikVision's PTZ cameras with your NVR.

Two things to bear in mind:
1. Size - check the physical size of any PTZ's you consider, on many the ball part is the size of a football (looks large on a home).
2. Power - most PTZs and speed domes (especially with built-in IR, wipers, etc.) will need more power than your NVR's camera POE ports can provide, so you will need a separate higher power POE injector, and will therefore actually be added to your general network LAN for your NVR to manage.

HI Phil

Powering a PTZ can you use the power supply instead of the POE Injector, I only ask as we have connected the power supply to the PTZ
Must admit the PTZ blew my mind when i saw what it could/can do.

Brian

I turned off all motion and the alarm sign does not come on ??

Thanks

Powering a PTZ can you use the power supply instead of the POE Injector, I only ask as we have connected the power supply to the PTZ
Yes, with most PTZs, they will allow you power vie either POE OR a mains PSU.
You do need to check the PTZ camera's specifications to confirm what it will accept.
Some have no built-in POE capability.
Some may be POE only.

Cheers for the fast reply Phil

The PTZ i have from you is DS-2DE4A2201W-DE and we just used the power supply that came with it

Good Afternoon Guys well I checked my motion detection and every thing is turned off as you can see from the screen shot .

Regarding using a DS-2DE4A2201W-DE from what I can see the first problem is power since the power from the NVR is only 12 voilts and the Camera is 24 V at the moment I am just running a straight forward RJ45 enernet connector so I think I have to add a POE Injector Power over Etheret Injector other I have to run a separate PSU as I hate to think how much current the PTZ camera will draw .

All ok on the size of the DS-2DE4A2201W-DE yes I think they use 2 of these in my local town centre but yes they are allot larger than my current dome camera .

Attachments

• Motion Zero settings.PNG
    Motion Zero settings.PNG
    132 KB · Views: 279
New and Old PTZ

I just used the power supply that comes with it, there is 240V power in the loft where the Cat6 cables run, so wasn't to hard
Only thing i would say if you get one, is buy better anchor bolts ;)

Attachments

• PTZ.jpg
    PTZ.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 295
Hello Brian,

If you look at my Post #29 above, you'll see that I mention that VMD can be configured either in the camera or the NVR, and you'll need to check it's off in both.

Also, in the screenshot you have sent from your NVR - you need to select your camera in the box above the display to verify for your camera 7. You'll see in my example at Post #29 that I had my camera D1 selected.

Thanks Phil the camera was still on so turned it off now so far no flag , Ok on the Raw bolts yes I used larger ones on all of the cameras here but they are a bit light weight regarding the power supply so did you run a extra power cable to the PTZ or did you power the camera just via the RJ45 enernet connector ? I would think using a inline POE Injector I just dont want to run any more extra cables if I can help it .

Attachments

• Camera EMD + EDAM off on port 7.PNG
    Camera EMD + EDAM off on port 7.PNG
    544.9 KB · Views: 278
I already have a 240v power supply in my loft Brian, so all i did was make an extension up then plug the supplied power adaptor that came with the PTZ in,and run the cable along side the Cat cable

Oh understood you spiced a power line into the cat cable my loft is not very high so it might be more straight forward just to add a POE Injector .

Back