01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Strange issue with line detection on ColorVu 4MP not always triggering

aries7602

I've got a DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4MP ColorVu which I'm very happy with. But I have an issue with the line detection smart event and I don't know how to fix it. My issue is that I have it set up at the end of my drive. If someone comes in from the left side it triggers, if they come in the middle then it triggers but if they come in from the right hand side, they can walk onto the drive with no alert. It get's them on the way out though. But I'd like to fix this little niggle.

I've got a Max size setting box of 9.5% and the line is set for both directions detection with humans and vehicles as targets. Target validity is set to basic and sensitivity is 70%.

I've attached some videos to show the issue. I suspect it has something to do with the hedge I have on the right side of my drive but I'm just guessing. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be most appreciative.

Well I dwelled on the problem overnight and I had a thought. I think it's the gate is interfering with the line crossing. So I created a second line in front of the gate to pick up anyone entering on that side. I've just tested it and it works. Thought I'd share here in case it helps anyone else.

EDIT: actually I'm thinking it might be because the object crossing the new line, from the right hand side, is more perpendicular to the line, because I've angled it as I have. I suppose I could test by moving the gate but I would have to remove it from it's hinges to do so!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. What NVR firmware are you on?

The tracking people/cars with green boxes is what I've seen hikvision advertise.... and to have the overlay like that makes complete sense.

I think I'm on an old firmware and I've had to see each one by one and it looks like you're able to see two line crossings at a time.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing. What NVR firmware are you on?

The tracking people/cars with green boxes is what I've seen hikvision advertise.... and to have the overlay like that makes complete sense.

I think I'm on an old firmware and I've had to see each one by one and it looks like you're able to see two line crossings at a time.

Thanks
No problem, I'm glad if this helps anyone else. I'm using BlueIris not an NVR. I updated my camera firmware recently to get the white light on events. So it's not the latest firmware but this: 5.7.2_211228 Customised White Light. I use the Hikvision web plug-in to configure the camera smart events. My camera is a DS-2CD2347G2-LU (Gen 5).

It was a bit of work to get the overlays to display on the live view. But I found it was this 'Enable Rules' setting that I needed in configuration. The Local option on the left under the configuration tab didn't even exist for me at first, I had to install the plug in order to get it to show up.

Attachments

• Hikvision configuration.PNG
    Hikvision configuration.PNG
    47.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Back