01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Turret camera no longer accessible even over SADP

FreddieFire

Hi, one of my four PoE Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I turrets has suddenly become inaccessible from the mobile app, direct on the DS-7604NI/E1/4P/A NVR and using SADP. I hadn't changed anything to prompt this fault occuring. Firmware was all running on the latest versions across all cameras and NVR. To get it to show on SADP v3.0.4.6 on my windows PC, I have tried 1) Turret via LAN to my PC with additional power supply provided, 2) Turret via LAN to NVR, PC via LAN to NVR and 3) Turret via LAN to my router with additional power supply provided, PC via WiFi to same router. When powering the turret, the infrared light does glow temporarily as though it is starting up. I have used standard shop bought working LAN cables to test. I understand there is no reset button on my camera otherwise I would have tried this already. The NVR simply connects via LAN into my Draytek Vigor 2862ac. Do you have any suggestions please?

Hi, one of my four PoE Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I turrets has suddenly become inaccessible from the mobile app, direct on the DS-7604NI/E1/4P/A NVR and using SADP. I hadn't changed anything to prompt this fault occuring. Firmware was all running on the latest versions across all cameras and NVR. To get it to show on SADP v3.0.4.6 on my windows PC, I have tried 1) Turret via LAN to my PC with additional power supply provided, 2) Turret via LAN to NVR, PC via LAN to NVR and 3) Turret via LAN to my router with additional power supply provided, PC via WiFi to same router. When powering the turret, the infrared light does glow temporarily as though it is starting up. I have used standard shop bought working LAN cables to test. I understand there is no reset button on my camera otherwise I would have tried this already. The NVR simply connects via LAN into my Draytek Vigor 2862ac. Do you have any suggestions please?
When plugged into the NVR do you see any activity lights on the network port? If so when you go into the menu and select camera config what does it say for that channel?

If there are no activity lights, first take a look in the female RJ45 connector for any signs of burning or corrosion. If a bit of moisture/condensation has managed to get into the connector housing it will have caused the PoE pins to short which may affect the adjacent pins used for data.

If there are activity lights, I'd try powering the camera and connect directly to it with your PC, set the PC IP address to 192.168.254.100 and use a free IP scanner to see if it appears (I've had incidences of SADP not finding a camera for no apparent reason). If it was previously connected to the NVR and you've never swapped the cameras around it will be at 192.168.254.2,3,4 or 5, though it may be a few nodes higher if you've moved thins around or swapped cameras in the past.

When plugged into the NVR do you see any activity lights on the network port? If so when you go into the menu and select camera config what does it say for that channel?

If there are no activity lights, first take a look in the female RJ45 connector for any signs of burning or corrosion. If a bit of moisture/condensation has managed to get into the connector housing it will have caused the PoE pins to short which may affect the adjacent pins used for data.

If there are activity lights, I'd try powering the camera and connect directly to it with your PC, set the PC IP address to 192.168.254.100 and use a free IP scanner to see if it appears (I've had incidences of SADP not finding a camera for no apparent reason). If it was previously connected to the NVR and you've never swapped the cameras around it will be at 192.168.254.2,3,4 or 5, though it may be a few nodes higher if you've moved thins around or swapped cameras in the past.
Thanks JB1970 for your prompt reply and assistance. There are no activity lights on the network port, in fact I have changed LAN cables to rule out the LAN cable being at fault. Within the NVR interface, PoE config shows this camera as consuming power, on the main camera config page the camera is there with an exclamation warning sign - it looks like the remnant of what used to be configured that it cannot now see. If I try to delete it, it says 'no IP Camera for deletion'.

Looking at the female RJ45 on the camera, there was a small amount of blue corrosion on the flat connector pin (as opposed to the other angled pins that most likely do most of the work). I have tried to scratch that away with a sharp knife but to no avail on re-test. Using IP Scanner 'Angry IP scanner' it finds no alive IPs in the range.

Update: Comparing the female RJ45 socket from the camera to one of my other cameras it appears that the 'flat connector PIN' is unique to the faulty camera. So this must be what is causing the issue. There appears to be no obvious way to allow the pin to pop back up, even using contact cleaner. So suspecting I'll need to replace either the female RJ45 socket or the whole cable that goes into the camera. I've just spied this article where others have had to do similar, so i'll do that, thank you JB1970! Replacing a Faulty Hikvision PoE Connector

Back