01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

UPNP status showing not valid for my 2387 turret camera?

cga

How can I fix the UPNP validation showing No valid.
I have my camera working with hik-connect DDNS
UPNP is enabled in the router
Ports are opened in Vodafone modem and router, 90, 8000 and 554
Refreshing the page doesn't fill automatically all the parameters like External port and External IP address

What am I missing?

Attachments

• UPNP.png
    UPNP.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 131
Hello, good morning.
As a recommendation, I tried to find out if the router has a VPN server to connect you directly to the router, and not have the camera open to the internet. With a direct connection to the router, you would have access to all devices inside the home.

Hello, good morning.
As a recommendation, I tried to find out if the router has a VPN server to connect you directly to the router, and not have the camera open to the internet. With a direct connection to the router, you would have access to all devices inside the home.
Hello good morning.
I have google nest router connected to Vodafone modem and my cameras are connected to google nest with no VPN, I have another network with VPN using a ASUS router connected to Vodafone modem (only for tv), google nest doesn't have VPN, it can be done by putting the VPN-enabled router in front of my Google Wi-Fi network, and the traffic from the Google Wi-Fi will be redirected through this router but then I will have all my connections going through the VPN router and I don't really want to do that
Probably I just disable the UPNP in the camera, I don't think I need it but still worry about the ports I have forwarded, 90, 8000 and 554. Should I close them as well? I don't think I need the DDNS, this is the only reason I opened the ports

Thanks

I think some Asus routers have vpn server / client available, it would be better to use that for remote access. I use VPN (L2TP / IPSEC) to access my home network.
I use ASUS router with Nord VPN client, never tried the server

Back