01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

VCA Engine Configuration?

Snoezel

Hi

I cant seem to find the answer anywhere, so I hope someone in here can help me?

Please see attachment - what is this configuration for, and shouldnt I have at least 1 linked channel here? (See attachment, linked channel: None)

NVR:
Device Model: DS-7608NXI-I2 / S
Firmware Version: V4.62.210 build 230612

I have activated Smart Event: Intrusion Detection

Camera:
Device model: DS-2CD2143G2-I
Firmware: V5.7.13 build 230504

Attachments

• 1hik-nvr.jpg
    1hik-nvr.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 290
Hi

I cant seem to find the answer anywhere, so I hope someone in here can help me?

Please see attachment - what is this configuration for, and shouldnt I have at least 1 linked channel here? (See attachment, linked channel: None)

NVR:
Device Model: DS-7608NXI-I2 / S
Firmware Version: V4.62.210 build 230612

I have activated Smart Event: Intrusion Detection

Camera:
Device model: DS-2CD2143G2-I
Firmware: V5.7.13 build 230504
This one causes a lot of confusion. You have activated "Smart Event:Intrusion Detection" but it's possible/likely that you're using the cameras VCA. The camera model you've detailed does not have AcuSense Human/Vehicle filtering so you're not getting the benefit of the NVR features and not using the event engine.

Go back to the Smart Event Intrusion Detection setting for the camera, disable it (untick the enable box) and save/apply. Then at the top of the page tick the box for "Use Device VCA" (or similar wording), click apply. Once that's done enable Intrusion detection again and redraw your settings. That should force the NVR to to do the AcuSense filtering and the camera should then appear as using the VCA Event Engine.

This one causes a lot of confusion. You have activated "Smart Event:Intrusion Detection" but it's possible/likely that you're using the cameras VCA. The camera model you've detailed does not have AcuSense Human/Vehicle filtering so you're not getting the benefit of the NVR features and not using the event engine.

Go back to the Smart Event Intrusion Detection setting for the camera, disable it (untick the enable box) and save/apply. Then at the top of the page tick the box for "Use Device VCA" (or similar wording), click apply. Once that's done enable Intrusion detection again and redraw your settings. That should force the NVR to to do the AcuSense filtering and the camera should then appear as using the VCA Event Engine.
Hi JB1970 thanks for your reply.

Are you sure my camera isnt Acusense, cause hikvision page says camera support this:
(DS-2CD2143G2-I(S))
  • Smart Event
    Line crossing detection, intrusion detection (support alarm triggering by specified target types (human and vehicle))
    Face detection

About you said "Use Device VCA" could that maybe be this setting "Enable AI by Device" ?

I guess that you meen all settings you said should be done on NVR right, and not on the camera?

I did like you said, but no change in Linked Channels - still None :-(

Hi JB1970 thanks for your reply.

Are you sure my camera isnt Acusense, cause hikvision page says camera support this:
(DS-2CD2143G2-I(S))
  • Smart Event
    Line crossing detection, intrusion detection (support alarm triggering by specified target types (human and vehicle))
    Face detection

About you said "Use Device VCA" could that maybe be this setting "Enable AI by Device" ?

I guess that you meen all settings you said should be done on NVR right, and not on the camera?

I did like you said, but no change in Linked Channels - still None :-(
My bad you're right, the camera is Acusense - apologies.

In that case it really didn't matter about the NVR event engine not being in use. You can choose to use AcuSense on the camera OR on the NVR (not both). If you use the NVR event engine it restricts the engine to either Motion or Smart Event (set intrusion using the NVR engine on camera 1 and you wouldn't be able to use motion on camera 2). Whereas if you use the AcuSense on the camera it would normally allow you to have motion and line crossing/intrusion detection simultaneously (as it's not restricted by the NVRs available resources)

My bad you're right, the camera is Acusense - apologies.

In that case it really didn't matter about the NVR event engine not being in use. You can choose to use AcuSense on the camera OR on the NVR (not both). If you use the NVR event engine it restricts the engine to either Motion or Smart Event (set intrusion using the NVR engine on camera 1 and you wouldn't be able to use motion on camera 2). Whereas if you use the AcuSense on the camera it would normally allow you to have motion and line crossing/intrusion detection simultaneously (as it's not restricted by the NVRs available resources)

No problem about Acusense, you help alot understanding this :)

Can you tell me what the difference between VCA Engine set to "Perimeter Protection" or "Motion Detection" is for?
And when I should change that?

Attachments

• 2-hiknvr-eng.jpg
    2-hiknvr-eng.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 144
No problem about Acusense, you help alot understanding this :)

Can you tell me what the difference between VCA Engine set to "Perimeter Protection" or "Motion Detection" is for?
And when I should change that?
If you use the AcuSense feature built into to the cameras (use device VCA unticked) there's no need to do anything. The camera is processing the events and only sending them to to the NVR if the conditions are met. The camera can be configured to filter events based on human/vehicle for motion detection, line crossing and intrusion detection simultaneously if more than one event type is configured for that camera.

If you use the AcuSense feature built into the NVR (use device VCA ticked), the NVR engine can either be used for motion detection, OR perimeter detection (line crossing/intrusion) to filter events based on human/vehicle. Any camera can be used and the event is sent to the NVR without regard as to whether there's a human/vehicle present. The NVR event engine then applies filtering to each incoming event, only performing the configured actions if the human/vehicle filter is matched. Because the processing capabilities of the NVR are finite, there are limitations:
  • You can't have both motion detection and a perimeter detection (filtered) event on a camera IF using the NVR VCA engine (as you have to set one or the other in the NVR page you've shown)
  • You can't have filtered motion on one camera and filtered perimeter detection on another IF using the NVR VCA engine (as you have to set one or the other in the NVR page you've shown)
Generally you would always use the AcuSense feature in the camera (use device VCA unticked) on any channel where the camera has the AcuSense feature (so if all of your cameras are those 2143G2's, set it up this way and forget that the NVR has that feature as it's less restrictive to use the cameras inbuilt functionality)

Alternatively if you have a mix of old/new cameras without/with AcuSense capability; you would use the AcuSense feature in the camera (use device VCA unticked) on the capable cameras. On the cameras that aren't capable you would use the feature in the NVR (use device VCA ticked), decide whether motion or perimeter detection was more important and select that option in the page you've shown prior to setting up the events.

Primarily the NXI models have the feature as a means to upgrade an existing system where the existing cameras don't have the capability.

If you use the AcuSense feature built into to the cameras (use device VCA unticked) there's no need to do anything. The camera is processing the events and only sending them to to the NVR if the conditions are met. The camera can be configured to filter events based on human/vehicle for motion detection, line crossing and intrusion detection simultaneously if more than one event type is configured for that camera.

If you use the AcuSense feature built into the NVR (use device VCA ticked), the NVR engine can either be used for motion detection, OR perimeter detection (line crossing/intrusion) to filter events based on human/vehicle. Any camera can be used and the event is sent to the NVR without regard as to whether there's a human/vehicle present. The NVR event engine then applies filtering to each incoming event, only performing the configured actions if the human/vehicle filter is matched. Because the processing capabilities of the NVR are finite, there are limitations:
  • You can't have both motion detection and a perimeter detection (filtered) event on a camera IF using the NVR VCA engine (as you have to set one or the other in the NVR page you've shown)
  • You can't have filtered motion on one camera and filtered perimeter detection on another IF using the NVR VCA engine (as you have to set one or the other in the NVR page you've shown)
Generally you would always use the AcuSense feature in the camera (use device VCA unticked) on any channel where the camera has the AcuSense feature (so if all of your cameras are those 2143G2's, set it up this way and forget that the NVR has that feature as it's less restrictive to use the cameras inbuilt functionality)

Alternatively if you have a mix of old/new cameras without/with AcuSense capability; you would use the AcuSense feature in the camera (use device VCA unticked) on the capable cameras. On the cameras that aren't capable you would use the feature in the NVR (use device VCA ticked), decide whether motion or perimeter detection was more important and select that option in the page you've shown prior to setting up the events.

Primarily the NXI models have the feature as a means to upgrade an existing system where the existing cameras don't have the capability.

Thank you for the very good explanation, much appreciated, i am starting to understand Hikvision a little bit now :)

Actually I have 3 AcuSense cams and 2 Non AcuSense (other brand) and I get this error know:
"Not enough resource for motion detection analysis. Check the engine configuration in smart analysis."

I only activated Basic event Motion Detection on the two Non AcuSense no name cams. And not Enabled VCA Enable by Device.

Do you know why and how I solve that, or is it not an issue I should concern about?

Thank you for the very good explanation, much appreciated, i am starting to understand Hikvision a little bit now :)

Actually I have 3 AcuSense cams and 2 Non AcuSense (other brand) and I get this error know:
"Not enough resource for motion detection analysis. Check the engine configuration in smart analysis."

I only activated Basic event Motion Detection on the two Non AcuSense no name cams. And not Enabled VCA Enable by Device.

Do you know why and how I solve that, or is it not an issue I should concern about?

Unfortunately you've gone too far so the settings are a bit messed up. In the NVR each camera has two event configurations depending on whether the 'enable VCA by device' is (or EVER was) ticked or not. You need to somehow get back to where you were before you started by clearing and disabling the events on each camera. When you tick or untick that 'enable VCA by device' and apply - previous settings may reappear that need to be deleted.

Once you're back to square one set it up as detailed in my previous post. The 'not enough resource' appears when the event engine is set up for perimeter and you try to set up motion, or vice versa as mentioned in my bullet points above.

Unfortunately you've gone too far so the settings are a bit messed up. In the NVR each camera has two event configurations depending on whether the 'enable VCA by device' is (or EVER was) ticked or not. You need to somehow get back to where you were before you started by clearing and disabling the events on each camera. When you tick or untick that 'enable VCA by device' and apply - previous settings may reappear that need to be deleted.

Once you're back to square one set it up as detailed in my previous post. The 'not enough resource' appears when the event engine is set up for perimeter and you try to set up motion, or vice versa as mentioned in my bullet points above.

Thanks - i will play around with event settings - now I have a better understanding and should be able to figure it out, i hope :)

Thanks - i will play around with event settings - now I have a better understanding and should be able to figure it out, i hope :)
No problem. Hikvision haven't made it particularly clear/user friendly. It would be easier if instead of that tickbox, it was a dropdown with"Use Camera VCA/Use NVR VCA". Using the word "Device" is ambiguous.

Hi,
Is it OK to say, that cameras without AcuSense paired with AcuSense NVR, such as DS-7608NXI-I2/S(C) or DS-7608NXI-K2, will detect line crossing or intrusion detection? And what about cheaper cameras, that don`t have line crossing and intrusion detection? Would they work with AcuSense NVRs and detect events?

Is AcuSense just an algorithm, filtering false alarms? If I have all AcuSense cameras, do I get anything more from AcuSense NVR or I can use cheaper, non AcuSense one?
What "Perimeter protection" means on NVR? Is it the ability to use "Line crossing", for example, on cheaper cameras?

I am sorry, if I am asking too many questions :rolleyes:

Thanks

This might help:
Thanks Phil

But what I can`t understand - Is AcuSense just a filter for false human/vehicle on line crossing events(for example) or it can be used as analytical algorithm to create line crossing events?

Back