01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Video screen indoors - DS-KH8301-WT

Ayhan

Hi
I have my Hikvision NVR connected to a monitor in my cabin. I have NVMS 4500 on my phone and can access the nvr web page from any computer. I have a couple of Android TV boxes in my home also but dont have any cctv apps installed on them.

What i would like is the ability to glance at my external cameras from my home every now and then, without having to log onto my pc or go to my cabin.
Is anyone using a video intercom type screen that is always on and what are your opinions on them? or can anyone reccomend a solution?
If i buy one of these screens like the DS-KH8301-WT, i wont be using the other functions on the live view of the cameras..
I cant find an official ivms 4500 app for the android tv but could side load it. However, i would prefer a low power device thats always powered on, situated in my hallway or kitchen to eliminate the steps of switching on the tv, launching the app etc.

Thanks!!

How far is your cabin from your home? Is there line-of-sight? It's a long shot, but let me know. A raspberry pi is a low power Linux based device that 'may' offer a solution.

How far is your cabin from your home? Is there line-of-sight? It's a long shot, but let me know. A raspberry pi is a low power Linux based device that 'may' offer a solution.

Hi Stewart. Its at the end of my garden but close to my house and yes, with line of sight.

Since posting my question I discovered some people mount tablets to their walls and use something called "Action tiles" for their smart things integration. But not sure a hikvision http feed will be compatible. Apparently action tiles uses mpeg feeds. I could install ivms 4500 on the tablet perhaps.

Ive not explored a raspberry pi or shown any interest in them yet. I will google what they are and what they do.
How could I implement one?

This is experimental, but a possible lead. You mentioned a couple of 'Android TV boxes'. I managed to load iVMS-4500 on my Mi Box 3, running Android TV 8, which is connected to my Samsung TV. Using File Commander for Android I installed iVMS-4500's APK. I'll link the guide I followed below. This worked, however I don't have a Bluetooth keyboard. When it came to manually entering the camera settings I got stuck with my limited remote controller.
iVMS via TV
Again, I'm only mentioning this as a lead and it requires due diligence. I've ordered a Bluetooth keyboard and will update this thread soon on my progress.

Back