01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Weird firmware upgrade error

hugoti

I just bought a brand new DS-2CD2347G2-LU camera. It currently has firmware V5.5.111 build 210225. I wanted to upgrade to v5.5.160 and using the virtual host web page for the said camera I get this message "The type of upgrade file mismatches". This happens when I selected the dav file and click on the upgrade button on the camera's web page.

This firmware I downloaded direct from Hikvision website. It was a zipped file which I've extracted to get the dav file. Seems odd it doesn't like that file given it was direct from Hikvision. Is this because my camera is a G5 series and not G3? How do I know which series camera I have - G3 or G5?

EDIT: Just noticed the Firmware Version Property says C-R-G5-0 - does this mean I have a G5 camera?

You have a G5 platform camera based on the firmware release that came with the camera from the factory.

The latest revision for G5 platform is V5.5.800 and currently only available on the Hikvision international web site from the camera product page.

Alternatively the previous firmware releases are on the Download Portal but make sure you grab the version in the G5 platform folder.

You have a G5 platform camera based on the firmware release that came with the camera from the factory.

The latest revision for G5 platform is V5.5.800 and currently only available on the Hikvision international web site from the camera product page.

Alternatively the previous firmware releases are on the Download Portal but make sure you grab the version in the G5 platform folder.
Cheers, I thought I had G3 but obviously it's G5 - so confusing. Anyway I've downloaded v5.5.115 from the UK portal and will see how that goes. Thanks.

Next step after the upgrade is trying to figure out how to set the security questions in case I "forget" the password for the NVR or cameras. Currently it appears none of them are set for some reason.

If you switch to the EU portal on the top of the UK portal page you’ll find the newer 5.5.800 version that @venturis has detailed. It’s not often the EU portal is in front of the UK for firmware. I can only imagine it’s because those (C) revision models (G5 platform) are still eagerly awaited by most in the UK - mid to late August and onwards depending on model.

Back