01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

When I export a clip it consists of multiple files?

crawlex

When I export a 30min clip from my NVR it saves as 3 or 4 separate video files. Is there a modification I can make in settings that will allow the export of a long clip as a single file?

My NVR is a DS-7608NI-Q2-8P

Thanks!

Hi @crawlex

If you log in to the NVR and go to Configuration > Storage > Advanced Settings > Other you should be able to adjust the packet time.

if you are downloading 30 minutes of footage you will probably want to set the packet time to 1hr because if you set it to 30 min you might still get 2 files.

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I do not have a storage option in my configuration menu. I do have Menu>HDD>Advanced settings however nothing is labeled packet time.

I will upload the some screen shots. ACAB7678-B7D1-4ACC-AD28-EEC39A670462.jpeg64A8CD51-1832-446E-90F1-50500D6CA05F.jpeg2BE21D43-E848-4DCE-AACC-D1638830593E.jpeg

Okay,

It looks like your NVR might be running quite an old firmware, can you go to Maintenance > System Info. > Device Info. and let us know what version your NVR is currently running?

I upgraded the firmware to the latest version. And now I cannot playback any video at all.

In the playback window all of the cameras say “No Resource”.

Can you please help me resolve this? Unfortunately I did not screen capture the previous firmware version but I just want to revert back because now the whole system is not working. Can you please help?

Can anyone tell me what firmware I was on based on the photos? I need to revert it back.

I updated to firmware V4.30.085

I have found other posts online about the same error of no resource when attempting to playback but I cannot find any resolutions other than rolling back the firmware.

Okay, we asked you to confirm the firmware version you were running so we could recommend the step-by-step updates you should do (we don't usually recommend jumping to the latest firmware when you are as many versions behind as you were).

As your NVR was so far behind on firmware it is likely that your cameras are also far behind on firmware and this old/new firmware mismatch between the cameras & NVR might be causing the no resources issue.

Do you have a PC connected to the same local network as the NVR? Can you use that PC to log in to the NVR with a browser using its IP address?

Understood.

The original firmware was: V3.4.100_180723

I updated it to: V4.30.085

After receiving support from hikvision I updated it to: 4.30.090

I then defaulted the recorder in maintenance per hikvision's support recommendation. I now have playback, however none of my cameras work anymore. They are coming back with the following error: "The username or password is wrong".

I am able to log into the online portal. I reset the NVR password when I defaulted it in maintenance. I am not sure if the new password matches the old one because I forgot the old one.

Good to hear you have made progress,

When you defaulted/reset the NVR, did you reactivate the NVR with the same password/camera activation password as you had used before?

No I did not.

I also do not know what I would have set the password to but I can try making a few guesses. Would I just try to add the camera manually and put the password in myself?

Are the cameras directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR or remotely connected via PoE injectors/switches on the local network?

okay, that makes things more challenging.

When you originally plugged the cameras into the NVRs PoE ports they would have been activated and assigned the NVR activation password and a subnet IP address (usually a 192.168.254.xxx address). If you possibly changed the password when reactivating the NVR, then the NVR will no longer recognise the password that the cameras were originally assigned and are still using.

If you think you have an idea what the original password might have been you can try going to Camera > IP Camera and click the edit/modify icon next to each camera (looks like a pen & paper), you should then be able to switch the cameras for Plug & Play to Manual and try re-entering the old password and clicking OK (do not change anything else in that edit/modify window).

I cant figure out the old password. So I suppose I would just go through the password reset process for each camera?

It won't be that easy,

The cameras are assigned subnet addresses which are not visible on the local network, so you cannot do the standard password reset process for each camera and you can't reset the password of each camera when accessing with the direct monitor.

Do you have a PC on the same network as the NVR that you can use to access the NVR with a browser?

I am able to access the NVR with a browser. The NVR is plugged into my network switch.

I have an electronics store nearby and can also purchase a POE injector to connect cameras directly to my switch if that will help...

Okay,

I was going to recommend that if you log in to the NVR with a browser you should be able to configure Virtual Host which will allow you to log in each and reset passwords, but obviously that requires you to know the camera password.

Unfortunately, your only option will be to either plug each camera into a separate PoE injector/switch and export the reset file using SADP to then get your original supplier to password reset each camera, or you will have to get hands-on with each camera and do a manual hard reset using the physical reset button on each camera.

I did the following reset procedure for the most accessible camera and it does not appear to have worked. Am I missing something?

1. Press and hold down the reset button for 30 seconds while the camera is on then power it down.
  2. Continue to hold the reset button down for a second 30 seconds then power it back up.
  3. Continue to hold the reset button down for a final 30 seconds then let go of the button.

Hi @crawlex

The reset procedure for Hikvision is as follows:

1. Disconnect the camera from the power
2. Hold down the reset button
3. Reconnect the power whilst continuing to hold the reset button
4. hold the reset button for a further 30 seconds

The camera should then hard reset.

Back