01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera offline/network abnormal/not found

chrisb2507

Hello,

So I've been having a proper nightmare the past couple of days ever since I upgraded my NVR.

So on my old NVR I had 4 cameras (one of which was IP over my local network, the other 3 were connected directly to the NVR POE).

Since changing my NVR I can only access the one thats IP over my local network, and a new camera I installed in replacement of one of the 3 I had previously. My new NVR will not pick up in any way shape or form the remaining 2. However when plugged back into the old NVR they work and pick up fine.

SDAP doesn't see the cameras unless they are plugged into the old NVR. I have tried changing the IP through SDAP to match ones on the ports I am using on my new NVR, this hasn't worked either. I have then connected my PC to the old NVR (ip set up etc) and logged into the two remaining cameras, did a full reset on them though the web interface, thinking that when plugged into my new NVR they would work, they don't, they still only work on my old one.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get over this, currently 2 cameras down and I'm loosing my mind as to why the new NVR won't pick them up or even attempt to adopt them, even after the cameras have been reset via the web interface.

When connected to my new NVR it just comes up with offline(detecting)

It is impractical for me to access the camera and pull the LAN at the same time due to their position of install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, same password, I’m at a loss as to why the new one won’t pick them up, problem is, if I log into the cameras, using the old NVR, connected to my laptop and restore them, they then get activated with the old NVR again…

very strange, it would have made sense if the passwords were different because as you say the old NVR would have been activating the camera with the wrong password, but if they are using the same password you should just be able to pass the device over with no problem.

The only remaining option I can think of is to purchase a separate PoE injector, plug the camera directly into the injector and change the camera's IP address to match your local network using SADP, and then reset the camera while connected to the PoE injector. It should then stay inactive until you unplug it from the PoE injector and plug it back into the new NVR, at which point it should then be activated by the new NVR.

So I've got a POE switch, when I plug the camera in, my network sees its IP address however I then cant access the camera, despite it being on the network because its given the 192.168.254.xxx IP rather than one within my IP range.

Do the problem cameras have physical reset button?
If so, might it work to do a pushbutton reset whilst connected to the new NVR?
It'd mean re-configuring any custom settings afterwards ...

Ok, so you need to use SADP to change the cameras subnet address (192.168.254.xxx) to match your local network.

If you are unsure of your local network IP range you can check that on a PC by following the below instructions:

So I've changed it to be within my IP range however it doesn't show on SADP when its plugged into the POE switch, despite the IP change etc

Ok, have you refreshed the SADP device list a few minutes after changing the details? The camera may reboot which is why it may not initially appear.

If it does not appear but you know the IP address you changed it to, you can just enter that IP address into a browser and log in to the camera.

Yep refreshed SADP a number of times, despite setting their IPs to be in their range its not picking it up still. I know the IP address and it doesn't connect but will when its connected to the NVR? Properly confused

Very strange, is your PoE switch plugged into the ports on the NVR or plugged into your local network? (e.g. direct to your router, another standard switch, a network wall port, etc...)

plugged into a network port which is connected to my router, but have also connected the new NVR via both the ethernet port on there and one of the dedicated poe ports on it too

ok, can you please share either a rough pencil sketch or a digital sketch (using something like the Paint software on Windows) of your system layout? (e.g. how everything is connected)

There has to be something strange with your network setup because as long as the camera is connected to the same network as the device running SADP it should be visible. (even if the IP address and network details are wrong)

tempImage5qnmLc.jpg

When the cameras 1 and 2 are put on the old NVR they can be picked up, however then connected to either the new NVR or switch despite of IP address are not picked up

Thanks for the sketch @chrisb2507

Where is the PC/laptop that is running SADP connected to this network? Is it plugged into the PoE switch that NVRs are connected to or is it plugged in elsewhere?

Tried both, when connected to just the network SADP picks up nothing, when connected to the old NVR it sees them (when cameras are connected to the old NVR that is)

ok, this makes no sense. Our office network is set up almost exactly the same as your above layout and I have never seen an issue with cameras disappearing from SADP after changing the IP details to match the local network. Did you change both the Device IP address and its gateway address to match your local network?

Can you share a screenshot of how the devices appear in SADP when you are connected to the NVR?

Back