01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7616NI-12/16P NVR "No more connections allowed on this device"?

I've noticed the frame rate is jumping from 19fps, 20fps, 21fps

Attachments

• 20220129_112851.jpg
    20220129_112851.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 144
  • 20220129_112844.jpg
    20220129_112844.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 144
Found a few more bits of information

Attachments

• 20220129_120819.jpg
    20220129_120819.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 137
  • 20220129_120755.jpg
    20220129_120755.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 144
  • 20220129_120732.jpg
    20220129_120732.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 146
I've noticed the frame rate is jumping from 19fps, 20fps, 21fps
The FPS on my cameras varies slightly as well, what is the live view playback like? Are there any obvious pauses in the video? Bear in mind that a busy video scene at 20FPS will be a bit jerky. This link will help explain what I mean.

I'm starting to think it's a network issue I have as playback on all codecs with high frame rates is playing back fine on the monitor attached to the NVR.

So I'm now looking at my TP link powerline and broadband speed.

Could be either?

So I'm now looking at my TP link powerline and broadband speed.
I use quite old 1Gb tp-link powerliine adapters as the uplink to both my NVR's supporting 12 cameras and have no problems. Have you tried the tp-link power line utility tool? Have you ever seen the powerline led's go red?

The lights on the powerline plugs have never gone red but they both used to show 3 solid green lights, the past few months the one connected to the router has a flashing green light in the middle, I've tried resetting them but the middle light still flashes.

The lights on the powerline plugs have never gone red but they both used to show 3 solid green lights, the past few months the one connected to the router has a flashing green light in the middle, I've tried resetting them but the middle light still flashes.
The power line link is probably re-synchronising, try the tool and see what it detects. Do your powerline adapters use a common main electrical box?

To test local network live view / playback issues use a computer connected to your local network using an ethernet cable. Avoid wifi connections as they add another unknown variable to the equation.

My laptop doesn't have an ethernet plug, the powerlines are plugged into normal sockets, when I playback using the monitor attached to the NVR everything is fine.

My laptop doesn't have an ethernet plug, the powerlines are plugged into normal sockets, when I playback using the monitor attached to the NVR everything is fine.
Do both those sockets connect back to the same electrical switch box / fuse panel?

use the laptop just make sure you have a good wifi signal when testing, avoid iPad / iPhone for testing as they could have video processing problems.

I think they are connected to the same electrical switch box, one plug in the living room and one in the bedroom, only about 10 metres away from each other

Attachments

• 20220130_120006.jpg
    20220130_120006.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 140
I think they are connected to the same electrical switch box, one plug in the living room and one in the bedroom, only about 10 metres away from each other
I try not to have anything plugged in beside the TP-Link as they can cause electrical interference. When you use the tp-link tool try removing the black plug and see if it makes a difference to the uplink / downlink data rates / signal levels. I commonly find several small problems can cause service degradation.

The black plug is for the router and the other TP link upstairs is plugged into a socket next to an extension lead with the nvr/printer/desktop plugged in.

What changed a few months ago?

The black plug is for the router and the other TP link upstairs is plugged into a socket next to an extension lead with the nvr/printer/desktop plugged in.
you have a similar arrangement to me except my powerline devices have mains sockets in them. One of your powerline adapters could be failing or a device recently plugged in to one of your sockets is electrically noisy.

I've ordered a cat5e cable, as soon as it arrives I will remove the powerline plugs and plug the NVR in direct, fingers crossed it solves the problem.

Back