01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIK Vision 1 camera showing as offline?

Chip

Hi

I stumbled across this extremely informative site / forum whilst trying to sort an issue I have with my HIK system.

I have 9 cameras on my property; 4 are connected directly into the NVR & 5 (which are situated away from the house) by PoE. All have worked completely fine since they were installed a couple of years ago.

Recently, one of the PoE cameras (D4) has started showing as offline and I am unable to view it either via the HIK Connect app or via the NVR interface. The other 8 (including the other 4 PoEs) are still working without issue

Having spent hours trying to find a solution (to no avail) on the internet I came across this site. I’ve read through the various similar threads but I’m either doing something wrong or not grasping what is needed.

I attach a couple of pictures of the camera configuration and would be grateful if anyone could offer any words of advice. Although I am reasonably tech savvy with day to day stuff, I might need to be treated like a child with anything too in-depth!

Many, many thanks in advance

Attachments

• 4543B80A-5883-4BC4-8AF4-D77FC6DBD766.jpeg
    4543B80A-5883-4BC4-8AF4-D77FC6DBD766.jpeg
    757.9 KB · Views: 546
  • 7D232C79-8168-4A82-A338-FFC1346129C1.jpeg
    7D232C79-8168-4A82-A338-FFC1346129C1.jpeg
    806.6 KB · Views: 547
Hi @Chip

What NVR model do you have and can you confirm the current firmware the NVR is running? (all this info should be under the Maintenance > System Info menu)

What camera model is the offline camera?

You say the offline model is one of the PoE models, do you mean one connected to the PoE ports on the NVR or on remote PoE?

If it is remote PoE have you tried accessing the cameras with a browser on the local network? just open Internet Explorer and put the 192.168.1.174 IP into the browser address bar, if the camera is still online you should get to the login page and this will help us identify if it is an issue with the connection to the NVR or an issue with the camera.

Upvote 0
Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hi @Chip

What NVR model do you have and can you confirm the current firmware the NVR is running? (all this info should be under the Maintenance > System Info menu)

What camera model is the offline camera?

You say the offline model is one of the PoE models, do you mean one connected to the PoE ports on the NVR or on remote PoE?

If it is remote PoE have you tried accessing the cameras with a browser on the local network? just open Internet Explorer and put the 192.168.1.174 IP into the browser address bar, if the camera is still online you should get to the login page and this will help us identify if it is an issue with the connection to the NVR or an issue with the camera.
Hi Dan

Thank you so much for the reply - hopefully this will answer your questions

The NVR is model DS-761NI-K2/16P

The firmware is V3.4.104, build 190128 (I checked for any update and it said there isn’t any later build)

The camera model is DS-2CD2623G0-IZS

The camera that is offline is via a remote PoE switch located in an outbuilding (the other 4 working PoE cameras are also connected via this same PoE switch)

I have tried entering the IP address into a browser and I just get an error message saying something like “error, connection timed out”. If I try putting the IP address of a working PoE camera it does take me to the log in page

At night, you can see the infra red lights on the faulty camera, so I would assume that power of sorts is getting to it.

Thanks again for your assistance and I hope the above helps with suggesting a possible solution!

Upvote 0
Thanks @Chip

First of all, your NVR is using very old firmware. I assume you have been using the firmware checker in the NVR menus, unfortunately, this feature has not worked for many years and often says no new firmware when there actually is. You can find all the latest firmware releases at the Hikvision UK Download Portal where you can see you are about 16 versions behind the latest firmware.

As you are so many versions behind we would recommend that you don't jump to the latest firmware and instead you update through several versions, below is the update order we recommend:

V3.4.112 build 200604
V4.30.005 build200628 EUI
V4.31.105 build210727
V4.32.116 build 220112

To update the firmware manually you need to follow the instructions in the below forum thread:

(I've already found the firmware for you so you only really need to look at steps 2 & 3)

Once the NVR firmware is up to date please check if the camera is back online, if it isn't then your only option is likely going to be to hard reset the camera.

Upvote 0
That’s great (and frustrating!), thank you. Do I need to do it for the NVR and each individual camera? If so, I’m guessing this all has to be done via a laptop by entering each individual IP address? Stupid question, but where would I find the IP address for the NVR itself?

Thanks again, Dan!

Upvote 0
Hi @Chip

The above firmware is only for the NVR, you may need to check the firmware for the cameras as well but you can check those after you've got the NVR up to date.

On the direct VGA/HDMI monitor if you go to Configuration > Network > General you should see the IPv4 address of the NVR, take that IP address and enter it into a browser to login to the NVR.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Dan!

Can I just confirm that mine is a K series? And if so, which of these sub folders (and the subsequent ones after that) do I need to choose?

Attachments

• 0B757A4C-416D-4B11-8FDA-2DA689B480C7.jpeg
    0B757A4C-416D-4B11-8FDA-2DA689B480C7.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 224
Upvote 0
Hi @Chip

Your model is definitely a K-series as you said it was a K2/16P model.

If you follow the link in my earlier post that should take you directly to the correct sub-folder which is portal » Product Firmware » Hikvision » 04 Back Ends » NVR » 02 K Series [76 77 86 NI-K] » [76 77 86 NI-K] » [76 77 86 NI-K2 K4 K8]

Upvote 0
Sorry, thank you - have found them now.

Although I now have another problem…. When I enter the IP address and try to log on (using username and password) it says it’s not correct (and I now only have 3 attempts left). However, if I go to Hik-connect.com and log on via there the same username and password works fine. Is there any way I should be using a different username / password for this particular portal? If I click the forgotten password option it says I haven’t got any security verification details set up. Argh!

Upvote 0
Hi @Chip

We usually recommend to new users that they set the same login password for the NVR and Hik-Connect to avoid losing/forgetting the password, in your case, it sounds like you have set different passwords for both.

As you haven't got password recovery steps set your only option is to follow these instructions and do a manual password reset, you will need to export the password reset file and send that to your original seller or directly to Hikvision support.

Upvote 0
Morning Dan

Thanks for coming back to me.

I’m a little confused - I can log on fine to the NVR and also if I go to the HIK connect webpage (see attached). Are you saying there’s another set of log on details I should have / know?

Going back to the installer / seller isn’t a possibility so if I am missing another log on and password, I guess I’ll have to go to HIK directly?

Attachments

• 42E30D17-0568-4BD4-8771-0154DC8827CA.jpeg
    42E30D17-0568-4BD4-8771-0154DC8827CA.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0
Hi @Chip

I'm confused, Are you saying that when you enter the login password on the direct monitor that works but when you enter that same password at the browser login it doesn't work?

Upvote 0
Sorry - it’s probably me not explaining it properly

I can log on to the NVR via the VGA/HDMI monitor fine (I know the password and the “shape” thing)

I can log on to HIKconnect.com (as per the previous screenshot)

The only bit I can’t seem to log on to is when I follow your instructions in post #4. When I try to log on to the IP address to upload the firmware update file (using the same username and password) it says it’s incorrect

Upvote 0
Okay, that's strange.

The browser login password should be the same as the direct monitor login password.

What IP address are you using to log in with the browser? What Browser are you using?

Upvote 0
Attached is the screen where it says incorrect username / password

I’m using the IP address 192.168.1.6 (also as per the screen shot)

I’ve tried on both google chrome and a safari browser. Have just attempted it again and it still won’t work

Attachments

• 8BD280AA-259B-4214-8298-44723DF0C1E7.jpeg
    8BD280AA-259B-4214-8298-44723DF0C1E7.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 136
Upvote 0
Okay, it may be that due to the age of the firmware you are running it is not properly supported by modern browsers as they removed support for the plug-in that the NVR required for browser access.

You may have to do the firmware update via the desktop iVMS-4200 software, this basically allows you access to the same menus and features as the browser but on your desktop. Install the software, open it and go to device management, either select the NVR from the online device list and click add to client or click add in the top left of the device management window to add the NVR manually.

Once you have the NVR added to the software you can select the NVR and then click remote configuration, a pop-up menu should open with all the NVR menus, click System > System Maintenance and you should be taken to a page with a section labelled Remote Upgrade where you can load the NVR firmware.

Upvote 0
Do you mean download that file to a stand alone laptop? I’ve done that but can’t seem to install / run anything as it’s just 2 folders of files with extensions I don’t recognise or ones that my laptop will open. Sorry for being dense!

Upvote 0
You mentioned Safari above, you are using a Mac device to try and access the NVR?

If you are a Mac user that file should initially download as a zip file which you then double-click to unzip revealing the .pkg Mac installation file.

Upvote 0
Sorry! That’s my mistake - I no longer have a Mac but habit caused me to say Safari. I meant just a normal explorer browser…..

Upvote 0
Back