01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIK Vision 1 camera showing as offline?

Chip

Hi

I stumbled across this extremely informative site / forum whilst trying to sort an issue I have with my HIK system.

I have 9 cameras on my property; 4 are connected directly into the NVR & 5 (which are situated away from the house) by PoE. All have worked completely fine since they were installed a couple of years ago.

Recently, one of the PoE cameras (D4) has started showing as offline and I am unable to view it either via the HIK Connect app or via the NVR interface. The other 8 (including the other 4 PoEs) are still working without issue

Having spent hours trying to find a solution (to no avail) on the internet I came across this site. I’ve read through the various similar threads but I’m either doing something wrong or not grasping what is needed.

I attach a couple of pictures of the camera configuration and would be grateful if anyone could offer any words of advice. Although I am reasonably tech savvy with day to day stuff, I might need to be treated like a child with anything too in-depth!

Many, many thanks in advance

Attachments

• 4543B80A-5883-4BC4-8AF4-D77FC6DBD766.jpeg
    4543B80A-5883-4BC4-8AF4-D77FC6DBD766.jpeg
    757.9 KB · Views: 546
  • 7D232C79-8168-4A82-A338-FFC1346129C1.jpeg
    7D232C79-8168-4A82-A338-FFC1346129C1.jpeg
    806.6 KB · Views: 547
Thanks, Dan

So…. I’ve managed to do all that. Go into the software and my NVR is displayed and showing as online under resource usage status.

Go to system maintenance, remote upgrade. Select the file (the first of many updates, doing them in the order you suggested) and when I click on “upgrade” I get an error message straight away saying “Failed to upgrade the device. Connection failed. Device offline or connection timed out”

Any suggestions? Thanks again

Upvote 0
Can you share a screenshot of the device management menu from iVMS-4200?

Upvote 0
Of course, 2 photos attached (1 showing the error message at the bottom)

I really do appreciate your time & tenacity!

Attachments

• 4BEBCE9A-A1C0-4A36-A224-EA982CCBA6B0.jpeg
    4BEBCE9A-A1C0-4A36-A224-EA982CCBA6B0.jpeg
    710 KB · Views: 165
  • FBCA11E7-1A00-4B35-88F9-6C2D24EF698E.jpeg
    FBCA11E7-1A00-4B35-88F9-6C2D24EF698E.jpeg
    702.9 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
Okay, I can see you've added it via Hik-Connect.

Can you delete the device and re-add it by clicking the add icon in the top left and add it using the IP address, username, and password.

Once it is added that way it should be online and the firmware update should work.

Upvote 0
Ah right, sorry.

Have deleted it off (I now can’t see anything in the app). Which one do I add it as? IP/Domain? If so, it says I need a port number?

Upvote 0
Sorry, what do you mean you can't see anything in the app? Do you mean you've deleted the NVR from iVMS and it has also disappeared from Hik-Connect app?

Upvote 0
Yes - after deleting the NVR from iVMS my HIK connect app (where all the cameras were) looks like the attached.

Attachments

• FF37D978-8549-47A0-BDA7-5C110824A83C.png
    FF37D978-8549-47A0-BDA7-5C110824A83C.png
    283.1 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 0
okay, did you log in to your Hik-Connect account in the iVMS-4200 software?

If you did I think you are going to have to re-add the NVR to iVMS using Hik-Connect method to get the NVR back in the app. Then you need to click where it says "Logged In" in the top right of the iVMS window and click exit on the dropdown, this should then log you out of Hik-Connect and you can then manually add the NVR using the IP address under "IP/Domain". (The port number should be auto-filled as 8000, if it isn't then manually enter 8000)

Upvote 0
Thank you. Ok. Have done the first part and the cameras are now back on the app

I’ve logged out and have gone to add it again. As well as the address (I presume IP?) it does ask for a port. So I’ll put 8000. It also asks for username (which is already populated with “admin”) and a password. Should I put my HIK username and password in these?

Upvote 0
The password should be the password you used to log in successfully on the direct monitor, it should be the login password for the NVR and not the Hik-Connect portal. (unless you think the login details for both are the same)

Upvote 0
Ok. Have tried that and although it’s added, its status is offline and I get this error message

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 144
Upvote 0
Actually, scrap that. Have got it added and showing online. User error / I’m a moron

Upvote 0
okay, now if you select the NVR and go to the remote configuration you should be able to load the digicap.dav firmware file.

Upvote 0
I’ve tried. However….. under system maintenance there is no longer the option browsing for the upgrade file

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 133
Upvote 0
I'm on the edge of my seat... got my fingers crossed for you guys! Looks like it's going to work :)

Upvote 0
Hi Dan... maybe if Chip tries clearing cache/cookies on his browser he may be able to log into the NVR?

Upvote 0
So….. to give you an update. It’s good news of sorts

I’ve managed to go through all the firmware updates, so I’m now on the latest.

However, the original issue with the camera not working remains. I’ve gone back to one of your earlier posts, Dan, where you say a hard reset is now the only option. I’ve followed the link you sent but that seems to relate to a reset for the NVR.

If you could point me in the right direction on how to do it properly and how to then re add it I would be grateful!

Thanks again for all the time you’ve spent helping me, I really appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Hi @Chip

Good to hear you have managed to update the firmware.

The hard reset instructions for the cameras are in the 2nd part of the below thread and are titled - "Factory reset by using the device's pushbutton":

Upvote 0
Back