01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-76xx/77xx NI-E (-E series) NVRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kieran updated Hikvision firmware update for DS-76xx/77xx NI-E NVRs with a new update entry:

Version 3.4.0 build 150929

This is an important NVR firmware update that adds H.265 compatibility and the option to synchronize the admin password of the NVR to all connected cameras when changing the NVR password, amongst other changes.

Please read the full release notes from Hikvision before installing.

Read the rest of this update entry...

EDIT: Some users have reported that this firmware causes random restarts on their NVR after installation. Please keep this in mind before upgrading.

Last edited:
Hi, we're currently in communication with Hikvision directly as we've had a few reports of a similar issue to what you've described.

It seems quite an isolated incident unfortunately as they haven't had many other reports but hopefully a fix or at least more information will be rolled out soon.

Kieran updated Hikvision firmware update for DS-76xx/77xx NI-E NVRs with a new update entry:

Version 3.4.2 build 160226

This is an important firmware update that improves system stability and introduces a number of quality-of-life improvements, such as a faster "quick unlocking" pattern system when accessing the NVR via a monitor, the ability to control frame-by-frame playback and digital PTZ using the mouse wheel and the ability to search playback for events via the web interface.

Please read...

Hi,

This is my first post so please be gentle. :)
We have recently installed a few DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A. The firmware running is V3.4.0 build 151103, when setting this up we have random lock ups and freezing causing the NVR to reboot.
I was going to install the new firmware listed on this post but just read that this also causes reboot issues.

Has anyone had similar issues with these ?

Thanks

Hi Dale,

I currently have a DS-7608NI-E2-8P running v3.4.2 and so far we've had no reboot issues. We experienced them during v3.4.0 however, so I'd suggest you give v3.4.2 a try and see if it resolves the issue for you.

As always, it is Hikvision's recommendation you factory reset the device after updating the firmware.

Thanks for the reply, i have downloaded the update and ill throw it in to a box that we have with issues to see what happens.

Just reflashed the first NVR with this new version.
Seems to work ok, will see how it works in a week or so.

Thanks for the update Dale - as you said, give it a test period just to be on the safe side.

Kieran updated Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-76xx/77xx NI-E (-E series) NVRs with a new update entry:

Version 3.4.6 build 160405

This is a major LPR firmware update focused primarily on adding new countries to the supported number plate recognition list. This version also improves the NVRs performance with regards to emailing captures of number plates from a user-defined white and blacklist.

Please read the full release notes from Hikvision before downloading

Attachments

Kieran updated Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-76xx/77xx NI-E (-E series) NVRs with a new update entry:

Version 3.4.90 build 161008

This is a fairly substantial update for the Hikvision E Series NVRs.
(NOTE - Don't confuse this with the K and I series NVR update with the same version number. Different firmware files entirely)

Most notably, it introduces a new password reset process, allowing you to export a one-time recovery file for future use if necessary, rather than having to contact Hikvision for one.

Similarly, the annoying bug preventing the NVR from capturing and saving VCA and timelapse images...

Kieran,
I have a Hikvision 7716NI-SP NVR. I notice you only have threads for the I and E version. Would one of these versions be interchangeable with my NVR? I have tried to download from the Hikvision site, the latest firmware file link for my NVR doesn't work on their site though.

Last edited:
Hi,

This is my first post so please be gentle. :)
We have recently installed a few DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A. The firmware running is V3.4.0 build 151103, when setting this up we have random lock ups and freezing causing the NVR to reboot.
I was going to install the new firmware listed on this post but just read that this also causes reboot issues.

Has anyone had similar issues with these ?

Thanks

Hi Dale Wake,
did you solve the problem changing the firmware?
i have the same NVR: DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A
with firmware: V3.4.0_151103, i can't send any email alert, and sometimes he reboots by himself!
before I had another NVR, the same but wihout /A with firmware V3.4.90_161080
I have 2 questions:
1) DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A or DS-7608NI-E2/8P (whout /A) can use the same firmware?
if yes i can download and install firmware: V3.4.90_161080
2) If you have solved rebooting problem, and you can send emails, could you indicate me the firmware you have installed?

Many tks.
Regards Alessandro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back