01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hikvision IOS app update V6.2.1 - "No video in the selected range"?

Gentlemen…..please excuse my late replies, I work nights (lgv driver) and it’s easier for my oldish eyes to view on an iPad than an iPhone!
@johnfitzy….is this any help? Other than that, I have no idea what box it is as I never purchased the system myself, it was a friend of the families brother who works for a local alarm company…up until this last update it’s performed perfectly and to cap it all, my old iPhone decided it would automatically update the app so now I only have it on my iPad!
Your recorder firmware is out of date. You have 4.30.010 (from July 2020); the latest for your model is 4.30.096 (from December 2022). Ignore the app saying it's the latest version - it isn't. The file can be downloaded here:

Hi @Neil_H ...

You have a K1(B) series NVR, so it's not just I series NVRs having this issue.

You could try updating your NVR to the latest firmware... right now you have V4.30.10 build 200715... the newest version seems to be V4.30.85 build 210409...
I THINK (depends on your region?) you can find the correct latest firmware for your model DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) here...

Home » portal » Technical Materials » 02 NVR » 00 Product Firmware » 05 K-series » 02---K1(B) » [76NI-K1(B)]

But, most likely it won't fix this problem...it will probably be fixed in the next Hik-connect update. Just don't update the iPad until the iPhone works again!

Hi @Neil_H ...

You have a K1(B) series NVR, so it's not just I series NVRs having this issue.

You could try updating your NVR to the latest firmware... right now you have V4.30.10 build 200715... the newest version seems to be V4.30.85 build 210409...
I THINK (depends on your region?) you can find the correct latest firmware for your model DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) here...

Home » portal » Technical Materials » 02 NVR » 00 Product Firmware » 05 K-series » 02---K1(B) » [76NI-K1(B)]

But, most likely it won't fix this problem...it will probably be fixed in the next Hik-connect update. Just don't update the iPad until the iPhone works again!
4.30.096 is the newer as above. Always a toss up as to whether the UK portal or EU portal has the more up to date version for discontinued models...

Guys…..the iPad has been locked down!! So seeing as I have an ancient box, would it be a good time to replace, update or wait? If it’s a case of updating, I’ll have to borrow a laptop as the iPad is the closest I have to a computer or I could get the installer to pop in. I’ll just add that I’m in Reading, Berkshire

the iPad has been locked down!!

I guess the iPad auto updated the Hik-connect app?

So seeing as I have an ancient box, would it be a good time to replace, update or wait?

I don't think your NVR is ancient and even a new NVR could have this same issue, so I'd say wait for the next Hik-connect update. Especially if you have no other issues or unmet requirements with the current NVR.

Probably a good idea to update it to the latest firmware as this could fix the issue.

@johnfitzy… I’ve disabled all auto updates on the iPad (fingers crossed) so for the time being, it’s all good!! I might have to dig around and bring the old iPhone 6 Plus back in to play if not

Excuse the untidiness, been out clearing some wind debris and run out of time…..the Volvo FH is calling…..have a good evening gents
IMG_0258.png

Evening gents….thought the issue had resolved itself last night…tapped a notification, it got to 94% and crashed… building me up like that….swine! Anyway, I’d like to know this…would I be able to use a normal laptop to update the software or would it need to have a Hikvision program or something software related to do it? My eldest stepson has a laptop (fire system installer or summat!!) and reckons he could do it as it “can’t be any different to updating alarm systems”! I assume the update needs downloading to the lappy and then on to the device? The words ‘software’ & ‘updating’ fill me with fear as somebody with my technical skills can turn something in to a very expensive paperweight wry quickly!

I’ve been trawling the web looking for a solution to the very same problem! Recently upgraded my iPhone 13 Pro Max to a 15 pro max and after updating the app, that’s when the problem started…funny thing is everything works fine on the 13 but can not view notifications or watch ‘playback' on the 15! Both phones are both up to date, the app on the 15 is 6.2.1 but the app on the 13 won’t update now, despite accidentally tapping “update” last night. I’ve done the usual log in/out, deleted the app and reinstalled it and rebooted the phone….no change! As shown in the image, notice the date….why it is showing that I have no idea but when I tap it, the app crashes! Needless to say, I won’t be updating anything else until this is fixed. In the meantime if I manage to figure something out, I’ll be back

Thanks , Neil

View attachment 10562
I have the same problem on a Iphone 11 pro max IOS 17.3.1.
App version: 6.2.1.20240206.1
App crashes aswell when trying to change years/date.
On a new iphone the replay feature does work.

Don't think it's the domain device that doesn't have the right firmware. I think it's the app version that is defect.

Last edited:
I’d like to know this…would I be able to use a normal laptop to update the software or would it need to have a Hikvision program or something software related to do it?

Howdy Neil... I assume you mean the firmware on your DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B)? Yes, you can use a laptop to log into the NVR web GUI by using a web browser... http://<ip address of your NVR> will bring you to the login page... login and go to settings/maintenance and update the firmware from there. Even easier, if there is a monitor and mouse plugged into the NVR, you can also load the firmware from the NVR GUI.

I'm not real familiar with that model, but I think this is the correct link to the latest firmware:

Home » portal » Product Firmware » Hikvision » 04 Back Ends » NVR » 02 K Series [76 77 86 NI-K] » [76NI-K1(B)] » V4.30.096_build221220

Thanks @johnfitzy …. I can use the small tv that was used when the system was installed and I’m sure I can pinch the mouse from the wife’s NHS laptop for a few minutes!

I had the same problem on
My IPhone. I changed the time format on
My iPhone to 24 hour and the app started to work
Thank you. Your right. I just changed it and it seems to be working now. Strange how it can’t compute 12h time

I had the same problem on
My IPhone. I changed the time format on
My iPhone to 24 hour and the app started to work

Wow... that's great! What made you think of changing the iPhone time to 24-hour format?

Gentlemen…. The latest app update is out and resolves the issue of video playback in 12 hour format…. I’ve tried it and everything is back to normal…. Hoorah!!

Back