01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hilook ptz cam recording shuts off after 5 minutes?

prop

it was working fine ,now it only records for about 5 minutes. any ideas?

You are going to have to give us a bit more information please

hi;oolk mini ip ptz camera using ivms 4200 on a dell laptop

Hi @prop

What's the full DS- model number of the camera, please?
Is it connected to a recorder or recording to a micro-SD card in the camera?
What firmware is installed on the camera?
If it's connected to a recorder, what's the model of this and the firmware version being used by it?

Check the recording schedule is still set to record continuously too, as explained in this guide:

no dvr , recording to ivms on laptop. v7.3 build.
can`t find anything in vmsn for recording schedule

Attachments

• 20230111_084727.jpg
    20230111_084727.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 74
Is it the only camera?
Is the laptop going to sleep?

it`s the only camera ,laptop no going to sleep. even live view without recording shuts off at 5 minutes. was working fine until about 3 days ago.

Can you also view the camera from a browser on the same laptop?
Check whether the browser loses the camera at the same time as iVMS-4200 does?

Are the laptop and the camera on the same network?
Same site?

where is the record schedule in ivms 4200 and is there another software programme to use?

i am able to get it to record using ld player and adding the hilook app. pretty strange since i can`t get the hilook app on my phone to connect to the camera . i tried adding another mini ip ptz to ivms 4200 and it comes up as online but under device type it says encoding and there is a blue info circle next to the device name. i can`t view that one at all . any ideas? thanks

In iVMS-4200, on the Device Management page, you should have a cog button for your camera at the end of the row that will allow you to access the basic and advanced settings, as shown in the screenshot below.

12.01.2023_10.16.23_REC.png

You should then be able to find the recording schedule settings under the storage menu (as per the guide I linked in post #4).

Could you also send a screenshot of your device management page please, exactly like the one above?

i can`t access the settings menu for the first camera listed .you can see what it says in the bottom right corner.

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    192.8 KB · Views: 89
i can only access the settings menu for the second camera , but it does not show up on live view

Thanks for the screenshot.

You've added the first camera as a Hik-Connect device (i.e. by logging into your Hik-Connect account at the top of the page), which is why you can't access the settings.

If you are viewing the Hik-Connect camera, then there will be a 5-minute timeout on the stream.

Do you know your Hik-Connect username and password? As the easiest thing may be to log out of the Hik-Connect in iVMS-4200, which will easily let you view the second camera.

the strange thing is when i get into the settings menu on the second cam , under configurations, /image i see the first cam not the second cam.

Back