01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How do I Update the Firmware of my DS-7604NI-E1/4P/A Hikvision NVR?

scooby73466

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I am asking if anyone would be kind enough to help me update the firmware on my Hikvision CCTV system please ? I think I know how to do it but don't want to crash the system and so I thought I would ask that if I undertake the following procedures the update would be successful. I operate the system from my Windows 8.1 64bit desktop.

My Hikvision NVR is a DS-7604NI-E1-4P (or at least that is what is written on my purchase invoice dated 01/12/2016) When I look in Device Management>Server it is slightly different i.e. DS-7604NI-E1/4P/A On the same screen I am told that the Firmware Version is V3.4.62build 160503. It has never been updated since the purchase.

I have been advised by my supplier that the most recent firmware update is available here as a zip file :

HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Am I correct in thinking that I need to undertake the following procedures ?

1. For convenience create a brand new folder on my pc.
2. Download the zip file into that folder and unzip it.
3. Log into my NVR using the IP address.
4. Take the Configuration option as shown in the image below (Serial No. hidden in case there might be a security issue if it is shown)
5. And then take the "Update" option as outlined in green. I presume that if I do this then I will be asked where the unzipped firmware update is and proceed accordingly.

Thanks to anyone in advance if they can tell me if my planned procedure is the correct one.

Attachments

• Firmware(3).jpg
    Firmware(3).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,065
Back