01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Lost platform access/hik-connect after upgrade

bigmick777

Over the weekend I updated my NVR and Camera firmware to the latest (recent) releases.

DS-7608NI-M2/8P V5.03.010 build 240606
DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU V5.7.17 build 240606 x 2
DS-2CD2347G2H-LISU/SL V5.7.17 build 240606 x 2

Ever since my hik-connect is not working. Logging into the NVR (via web) and the cameras etc are all available in device access / live view etc.

On the NVR platform access is now disabled - the installer setup this when he handed the system over but trying to sort this myself - and hopefully with some help from the forum :)

DNS servers are set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

I've enabled platform access,
server IP: litedev.eu.hik-connect.com
Port: 7800
Device ID: AXnnnnnnn (as sure this looks like the same number as before)
Key: is blank

I've created a new key

Click Save but registration status stays as offline.

When I click off the platform access section and back the key field is empty again.

Any help greatly appreciated! Cheers,

Last edited:
Solution
Morning guys - so last night, before giving up for the evening, I just tried to toggle the hik-connect setting on the NVR (the NVR under system config\network config\HIK-Connect) OFF (it was on and saying online), then back ON. NVR said it required a reboot and rebooted, and hey presto I could then add the device using the hik-connect web portal and then the NVR appeared in the phone app! Reboots alone didn't work and I am suspect my issue also needed me to remove the device as I had tried turning off / re-enabling hik-connect when I first had the problem.

Thank you all for your help and advice on this.
Can you try the HiLook or Ezviz app?
With same account. Do not create new for their apps

Upvote 0
Morning guys - so last night, before giving up for the evening, I just tried to toggle the hik-connect setting on the NVR (the NVR under system config\network config\HIK-Connect) OFF (it was on and saying online), then back ON. NVR said it required a reboot and rebooted, and hey presto I could then add the device using the hik-connect web portal and then the NVR appeared in the phone app! Reboots alone didn't work and I am suspect my issue also needed me to remove the device as I had tried turning off / re-enabling hik-connect when I first had the problem.

Thank you all for your help and advice on this.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back