01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Microphone Issues with DS-KH9310 indoor unit?

gega

Hello everyone,

I have the DS-KH9310-WTE1(B) indoor unit connected to DS-KV8213-WME1(C) outdoor station.
Although I encounter an issue with the Indoor unit's microphone. Other people can hear me only when I speak literally next to the microphone hole of the indoor unit.

I ended up upgrading it to V2.2.36 build 240115, but still the microphone volume is pretty low.

(Luckily the V2.2.36 fixed the buzzing noises that I had too.)
(I got the updated firmware from the following page )
Is there a way to adjust the microphone volume ?

I cannot find it anywhere in IVMS
Thanks

Last edited:
There are audio input and audio output volume options.

1 thing that comes to my mind, i had customers stating the same, and the problem was that monitor still had protective cover above microphone hole.

There are audio input and audio output volume options.

1 thing that comes to my mind, i had customers stating the same, and the problem was that monitor still had protective cover above microphone hole.
Unfortunately the only Volume and Speak( yes speak...) sliders on IVMS are related with indoor's unit speaker and notifications volume.

I double checked the protective cover with a needle but the mic looks to be cover free.

It's weird, on the indoor stations directly you have the option to adjust the microphone volume in the volume settings, but it's not there on the android ones.

You can log into the outdoor station in a web browser and check the volume settings of that in Configuration>Video/Audio/Audio...
Does adjusting the output volume there help?

You could also try different audio encoding options on both devices?

It's weird, on the indoor stations directly you have the option to adjust the microphone volume in the volume settings, but it's not there on the android ones.

You can log into the outdoor station in a web browser and check the volume settings of that in Configuration>Video/Audio/Audio...
Does adjusting the output volume there help?

You could also try different audio encoding options on both devices?
By changing the outdoor's volume will make the second indoor unit that it's already connected ( not an Android ) to be really loud.

I changed the encoding from G711.alaw to G711.ulaw but the issue is still the same.

I am having the exact same issue here.

I returned my DS-KH9310 unit in RAM and they sent me a new one. But it has exactly the same issue as well.

When answering the ring from the HIK-Connect App on my iPhone, there is no sound issue. The person on the street gets my voice high and clear. But when answering from the indoor unit, I have to speak loud next to the small hole where the microphone is.

Help please

Just to reply to one point: on the first product I received, I removed the protective cover as I thought it would be the issue. But did not fix the problem.

It is really just like if the volume was down ... or the microphone wasn't actually well located behind the hole. This is why I asked for an exchange as I thought it was an hardware issue. But the new one has the same issue.

I say new one ... but production is July 2022 ... which I feel is a long time ago for a product I just ordered (the first one was production September 2022 or something like that).

Looks like that adb shell is pretty locked / lacks functionalities ( info here)

@Kyle @trempa92 Any other possible solutions / ideas ?
Download and install app Show Hidden Settings, run it on monitor, and then you can minimize intercom app, you will be left with android tablet. Then change settings in sound.

Thats what i did on one just for the sake of why not. I even enabled Hotspot mod, giving me additional AP. Had browser, internet, it was classic android tablet.
When i needed intercom back up i would just start the app

Its called VIS_Intercom or something like that

Hello,

Thank you. Actually from the Intercom app you can ask for reboot to Android. From there you can access the Settings application.

In the Sounds section you have more options for volume, but I cannot find the Microphone volume. There is a slider for the « call volume » which was set to zero, so I had good faith it would be it. But when pushed to maximum it did not change much.

I installed Hidden Settings APK and the only entry related to Sounds actually opens the exact same screen already available from the Android desktop. Nothing more. And I cannot find and entry from Hidden Settings which would relate to the microphone.

Sorry, I am not an expert in Android (iOS guy …).

Did further test (sorry to spam). The microphone volume setting or boost (gain) at system level is definitely not the problem.

Used this app : Microphone Amplifier

And the problem is obviously hardware / how / where the microphone is physically put in the case. Using Boost would indeed boost, but the sound taking is soooo bad that it cannot do anything. It will end up saturating the sound without actually catching the voice.

Only when talking literally next to the screen, close to the microphones then it will work.

I am about to call the seller, again.

Did further test (sorry to spam). The microphone volume setting or boost (gain) at system level is definitely not the problem.

Used this app : Microphone Amplifier

And the problem is obviously hardware / how / where the microphone is physically put in the case. Using Boost would indeed boost, but the sound taking is soooo bad that it cannot do anything. It will end up saturating the sound without actually catching the voice.

Only when talking literally next to the screen, close to the microphones then it will work.

I am about to call the seller, again.
Indeed. I tried another app that it's online by booting the indoor station into Android and visiting via the browser the following page mic test. You need to give microphone permissions through the Apps settings to make it work.
Microphone sound quality is awful.

There is another way also to test it without any apps by enabling the call center feature at the indoor station and calling to it while you have IVMS for PC connected on the same Network. Then you receive a call at your PC and you can check the microphone.

@Alexcaid please let me know what's the outcome from the reseller.

In the meantime @Kyle do you know if there is an announcement or indication from Hik Vision regarding these indoor station's microphone issue ?

@gega my reseller contacted his own reseller (the company importing the product from HikVision in Neitherland) which refuses to replace the product a second time unless I get a written confirmation from HikVision that there is a problem.

The problem is that I already filled the online support form of HikVision to report the problem on the first unit early July (providing SN, firmware version and description of the issue) but never got an answer.

So I filled once again this form, with SN of the new unit, and also sent an email directly to the HikVidion Technical Support. Crossing fingers I’ll get an answer.

With my two units and yours, this make at least 3 units with the same issue.

@gega, what is the production date of your unit ? Somewhere in 2022 as well ?

In the meantime @Kyle do you know if there is an announcement or indication from Hik Vision regarding these indoor station's microphone issue ?
I've not seen anything, but I'll try and find out if it's a known wider or batch issue.
We've not been made aware of it by any customers who we've sold the Android Indoor stations to.

I'll try and get one set up here this week too and test the mic performance too!

OK, we've set up a DS-KH9310-WTE1(B) running V2.2.36 with a DS-KV8113-WME1(C) and are seeing exactly the same volume issues you all describe.
You basically have to have your face pressed against the microphone to be audible on the doorbell - as soon as you move away slightly, it becomes really distorted and quiet.
But, on Hik-Connect, everything sounds perfect.

We're going to test some earlier firmware and report it to Hikvision.
Out of curiosity, has anyone seen the microphone working properly on an earlier firmware version please?

Back