01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Strange camera in NVR Camera Management!

GMT:+300

Hi,

Hik-Connect App V4.27.2.20221030 on iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (4th generation) iPadOS 16.1.1
After adding 2 new cameras to NVR DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) (V3.4.104 build 190424) along with the existing 2 cameras.
Suddenly a strange camera entry showed up in NVR “Camera Management” and iPad, but not in Linked Camera list menu!! As shown in the attached pictures.

How can I delete this camera entry…?

TIA
8366141E-960F-447B-89B7-5D2FD19BC602.jpeg
D1C051F3-F19B-4C2D-8E43-E4117F70C54E.jpeg
BB208D93-CE3E-4952-8583-AB57A977ACCB.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm guessing you have another camera connected to your local network that uses the ONVIF protocol and so it is visible to the NVR. It won't cause any issue as it isn't connected, just discovered by the NVR.

Thanks for the quick reply… yes I do have WiFi camera…
Okey… Is there a way that I can configure it in NVR and then control it through Hik-Connect App?

Thanks for the quick reply… yes I do have WiFi camera…
Okey… Is there a way that I can configure it in NVR and then control it through Hik-Connect App?
Your NVR will take a maximum of 4 cameras, so although the NVR sees it, there's not a spare channel to assign it to without disabling another (or upgrading to an 8 channel model)

ONVIF support is available on the K series NVRs. It needs to be enabled in Network Settings > Advanced > Integration Protocol and then you create a user profile to allow connection of ONVIF cameras. That option may or may not be available on your V3.4.104 firmware.

If your NVR is the (B) revision model as you indicated, there is much newer firmware available. You are currently on the old version 3 and the (B) model can be updated to the new version 4 which has a completely redesigned interface. The latest version is 4.30.085_210409 but if choosing to update you should probably first update to the newest version 3 firmware (3.4.112), then the first version 4 (4.30.000) before finally loading the newest. Temporary internet files should be cleared in between updates.

Okey… Is there a way to remove it then?

TIA
There's nothing to remove from the NVR - the WiFi camera is making itself visible to the NVR. It's no different to using airplay on your phone and seeing your next door neighbours TV in the list of available devices. Devices broadcast their capabilities for other devices to discover.

If you don't want the NVR to be able to see it, then you'll have to access the WiFi camera at 192.168.1.10, log into it and see if there's an option to disable ONVIF. If the WiFi camera doesn't have a compatible protocol then the NVR won't display it.

Why it only appears in iPad and not iPhone? Although they both have the same Hik-Connect App version! And all the setup was done by iPhone!

TIA

Last edited:
Back