01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Viewing Hikvision clips other than with VS Player?

Steve55

Hi.
Trying to get a video clip for my neighbour to give to police. I have saved the clip to my laptop but can only view with VS Player, and only after entering Hik Connect verification code.
It wont let me convert or export or anything else. Also the video has all the detection lines/boxes which I dont't want. It is a 4K colorvu camera.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

I have just seen this old thread I cannot view my downloaded video
so some of the question is answered.
I also managed to save a clip directly from the NVR to a USB memory stick. Again the file can only be played by VSPlayer after inputting the key.
I need to give the video file to my neighbour to pass on to the police.

I have just seen this old thread I cannot view my downloaded video
so some of the question is answered.
I also managed to save a clip directly from the NVR to a USB memory stick. Again the file can only be played by VSPlayer after inputting the key.
I need to give the video file to my neighbour to pass on to the police.
When you export form the NVR, there's an option for MP4 or AVI and it will use MP4 by default. Try AVI as that might export a decrypted copy rather than the original (which is MP4). The AVI may play back in a generic player such as VLC

The VCA info appears in VS Player by default but you can switch it off when playing back:

Right Click > Image Control > VCA Info Overlay. Uncheck as required.

When you export form the NVR, there's an option for MP4 or AVI and it will use MP4 by default. Try AVI as that might export a decrypted copy rather than the original (which is MP4). The AVI may play back in a generic player such as VLC

The VCA info appears in VS Player by default but you can switch it off when playing back:

Right Click > Image Control > VCA Info Overlay. Uncheck as required.
Thanks. I tried this but the only options were Default or MP4. Thought it must be something to do with the encryption as it would still only play in VSPlayer with the key. So I tried unchecking the Stream Encryption in the NVR settings before downloading. This seems to have worked and now can play in VLC.

Back