01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for G3 Series cameras (2xx6G2/2xx7G2/3xx6G2/3xx7G2) - V5.5.160

As per the release notes the Supported Product List says 2xx6G2, 2xx7G2, 3xx6G2, 3xx7G2 Series..
my DS2CD2047G2 is listed.

As per the release notes the Supported Product List says 2xx6G2, 2xx7G2, 3xx6G2, 3xx7G2 Series..
my DS2CD2047G2 is listed.
Yeah I see that (I've deleted my post). I'm not quite sure why the file is only in the folder for the 3 line cameras which are different models, rather than being duplicated to the 2 line camera folder as well. They are just creating confusion (for a change). It's only recently that separate folders on the portal have been present for both 2 line and 3 line - they used to be in the same directory. Who knows....maybe just an oversight on their part.

Maybe its not for 2xxx line cams.
tried to update my 2047 with the STD firmware from the UK portal and update failed.
Running the 5.5.160 atm, unless I need to go to .800 or .801 first.
they really are creating lots of confusion. (maybe the want ppl to brick their non-C cams to they upgrade to the C models :-( )
maybe Dan can reach out to HIK support for clarification..

they really are creating lots of confusion
Agreed. For the G5 when I reported the Dual VCA issue on 5.7.10 it went a bit like this:

"Dual VCA doesn't work".....
......"We've changed the way it works, you need to select smart event instead of Dual VCA"
"That doesn't work, it's broke".....
....."We're aware of the problem and are working on a new firmware"
5.7.10SP released

I've little faith that when firmware is released it won't just create further bugs.

Seems this 5.5.820 is only for 3XX6G2,3XX7G2 cams.

I have the 2XX7G2 and the latest firmware on the portal is 5.5.801

Well yes. Despite the release notes listing the 2 series as well. But the us website originally listed this version against a 2027 cam. Compared the downloads and they are different files. The file from the US website installs with no error on my 2047.

I have all G5 cams which have the motion activated light option. The one G3 model i have (DS-2CD2347G2-LU) im running firmware V5.5.800 build 210628 which also has the motion activated light option.

The firmware mentioned above which is 5.5.820 is anyone using this and is the feature still there?

Thanks

I have all G5 cams which have the motion activated light option. The one G3 model i have (DS-2CD2347G2-LU) im running firmware V5.5.800 build 210628 which also has the motion activated light option.

The firmware mentioned above which is 5.5.820 is anyone using this and is the feature still there?

Thanks
5.5.820 is for 3 series cameras not 2 series.

The 3 series models have been out a while but have just been rebranded as 'Ultra' series cameras by Hikvision. I don't know why as the original 5 series ultra cameras from a few years back had specs that way outperformed other models at the time, whereas as these newer 'Ultra' 3 line cameras seem to have no benefits from a sensor, image quality perspective - just an additional 2 years on the warranty, additional corrosion resistance and a 12V DC output in some cases.

Back